CONTESTS FOR 2018
THE KINGDOM OF OSGOODE PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST
The Osgoode Medieval Festival is pleased to announce the winners of the 2017 Photography Contest!
This contest is open to all visitors and volunteers attending the festival and the pictures must be taken on either the Saturday or Sunday at the Osgoode Medieval Festival (14-15 July).
There are two categories for the contest: OMF General Category and OMF Children’s Category and three prizes will be awarded for each category: $100, $50 and $25 (for 1st, 2nd and 3rd respectively).
Photographers are limited to two (2) entries in total and must identify which category each of their photographs are to be entered in. Each picture can only be submitted in a single category.
Submissions must be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the photographers name, address, phone number, email address and identify the date(s) the picture(s) were taken. All entries are to be received NLT Friday July 27th, 2018 at 11:59 pm.The photographs will be judged independently by an august panel consisting of up to three royal members and/or lesser persons and the three winners in each of the two categories will be informed by email NLT 25 August, 2018.
All photographs must be in good taste and not depict any in-appropriate or dis-respectful behaviour, rude gestures or nudity. By submitting a photo, the photographer is authorizing the Osgoode Medieval Festival the use of the submitted photos (with proper attribution to the photographer) and photos may be used as the festival sees fit (be it website, Facebook, posters etc).
THE KINGDOM OF OSGOODE COSTUME CONTEST
Do you enjoy dressing for success in 1318? Attracting a crowd with your amazing costumes? Or how about showing off your crafting and sewing skills? If any of these sound like you, then enter the Osgoode Medieval Festival’s Costume Contest!
- This contest is open to all visitors attending the festival and is not open to Festival volunteers, presenters, or merchants.
- There are 6 categories in total: Men’s Professional; Men’s Homemade; Women’s Professional; Women’s Homemade; Boys (ages 2-14); and Girls (ages 2-14)
- This contest will be held only on both Saturday and Sunday (July 14th and 15th) at noon in the King’s Forest, near the castle.
- Pre-registration, while not required, is preferred. To register, please contact Heather at email@example.com. A brief story about the history of your costume would be very appreciated and is encouraged!
- A panel of excited judges will assess and rate the costume on creativity, presentation (how it looks), and composition (how it’s made).
- Prizes – Adult categories: $50 , and Children categories $25 card.
DRAWS IN THE KINGDOM OF OSGOODE
CONGRATULATIONS to Laura Lee Boyd of Ottawa South who won the ViaRail ticket package by completing our festival survey!
Click the link to complete our Festival Survey