Come forth and be educated in all things medieval
Registration is closed!
The Kingdom of Osgoode Medieval Festival Education Day will be held on Friday, July 13th, 2018. This day is designed for children aged 4 to 12, and is packed with games and demonstrations on everything from crafts and armour to medieval dance and talking like a knight. Children will have the chance to tour up to ten stations throughout the day. Want to see what its all about – just watch this video from Education Day in previous years: Education Day in the Kingdom of Osgoode
The stations for 2018 are:
Armour ♦ Medieval Combat ♦ Manuscripts ♦ Arts and Crafts ♦ Vikings Medieval Medicine and Cures ♦ Fairies and Dragons ♦ Medieval Manuscripts Storytelling ♦ Homing Pigeons ♦ Medieval Dance ♦ Shield-Making Blacksmithing
YOUR DAY IN THE KINGDOM
9:00 – 9: 30: arrival / registration & check in / King Evan of Osgoode will greet & distribute tokens of his esteem to his loyal subjects
9:30 – 2:30: Loyal subjects will rotate thru 10 stations lasting approx 15-20 mins each/ Includes 45 min break to enjoy your lunch from home (or you may buy food from the food vendors onsite)
2:30 -3:30: Live jousting demo by the Knights of Valour – a group of professional knights on horseback.
3:30: Day ends
THE FINE PRINT
- Unless providing full payment at time of registration, a $50.00 deposit is required for registration of groups over 20
- Children attending Education Day may enter Festival on the weekend at no charge, with Education Day bracelet when accompanied by an adult
- Activities run rain or shine NO REFUNDS DUE TO WEATHER
- Please dress appropriately for the weather
- sun hat, sun screen, filled water bottle
- effective waterproof rain gear/umbrella
- Water stations will be available to provide refills for water bottles
- First Aid station on-site staffed by Osgoode Firefighters
- Shopping is available during the lunch break
- for the younger shoppers, many items will be available for $5.00 or less
- Adult to child ratio – min 1:8 or better
Supervising Adults are responsible for children’s behaviour.
GOOD MANNERS AND RESPECT FOR INDIVIDUALS AND PROPERTY ARE EXPECTED.
PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT HAVE CAPABILITY TO RECEIVE FAXES SO DO NOT FAX THE REGISTRATION!
Registration is now closed!
For more information, contact Mary Ann Rogers by email. email@example.com