7The Osgoode Medieval Festival is looking for volunteers for the 8-9 July, 2017 as well as for the Education day on Friday, July 7th. The festival runs from 9:30 am to 5 pm both Saturday and Sunday. Costumes will be provided for all volunteers who need one. Be it known as well that we are also looking for any keen individuals who would like to be a part of the organization of the festival or help set up/take down the festival infrastructure prior to and after the festival.
If you are interested in volunteering, please provide the following information:
- Full name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Available date(s) and time(s) (Saturday and/or Sunday and/or Friday’s Education Day)
- Preferred job from the list below
- Indicate if you would like to use the time towards your volunteer hours AND provide your school name.
Activities for which to volunteer:
- Running the children’s games (things like toy-archery, horseshoes, a giant chess set, plus a few more activities),
- Supervising the children’s castle,
- Supervising the boffers (kids’ fighting ring with foam swords),
- Selling tickets at the front gate,
- Selling various items at the main tent,
- General help
All volunteers are asked to commit to at least a two hour shift on either day; this will allow lots of time for you to enjoy the festival as well. Volunteers are encouraged to arrive at least 30 minutes before their shift, and may wish to come earlier as costumes are assigned on a first-come-first-served basis.